Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sea glass. Sea turtles. Sea breeze.

Amazing time away. The title of the post narrowly describes it.

The meditative time of sorting, sifting, digging and splashing for decades old pieces of tumbled glass is only describable to those who "get it." My sis and I... we do. The rest of the clan smiles and says "You look happy." (We are.)

Today's amazing glimpse of water enveloped a giant sea turtle who entertained us for what could have been hours. A massive head and enormous flippers bobbed up and down out of the water only feet away. The full portrait of the prehistoric shelled beast captured in the aquamarine wave back lit by the sun left us gasping for more.

Pink-tinted cumulus clouds wrapped the Valentine's evening as the sun set over the Pacific sea. How do you define paradise? Read between the lines if you must. All I have to say is, "I'm here."

Aloha, my friends.

The weather's beautiful. Wish you were here...

'surfer's on maui's north shore' © h3images

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Great image of the ocean!

I did come across in my last note as being too serious, didn't I? I just had been hearing so many acquaintances going on about feeling guilty that they were not suffering, as if life is always meant to be a trial of some kind. There's beauty and joy everywhere, even under the 6 feet of snow we have on the ground.

I have been reading both your and your sister's posts while you've been in Hawaii. So I know you're having the time you're meant to have, and that it's wonderful. It is wonderful.

You are in the only state that as of last week had no snow on the ground.

We've dug out, finally. More snow is promised today.

Dianna Woolley said...

Great post - truly an amazing day.

Re Maureen's note re snow - I need to check and see if Kari and gange are still in D.C. - yikes - more snow?!

Let's go surfin'while we can!

Les (Endlessly Restless) said...

sifting and sorting - a lot of that going on right now!

kate i said...

Kayce, enjoy the healing sunshine! There's just something about the warmth of the sun and the eternalness of the ocean that heals the soul. You're right, it's paradise.

Mermaid's purse said...

Started giggling to myself as you talked about digging around for sea glass. Your right..only others who get it can appreciate it. I get it!!! Love collecting sea glass too. Remember...keep the smooth and frosty ones, toss the others back for their finishing touches. Great Pic..Hawaii sounds great this time of year. Happy Hunting.
Fair Winds and Calm Sea,
Deborah Leon www.mermaidspurseseaglass.com