...10 things I love about Aslan
Aslan is our adopted kitty who came to live with us in September. He has quickly made himself at home and won over the hearts of all who live with him. Today I share just a few of his endearments.
1. His coat is so thick and cuddly, he really does look and feel like a miniature lion.
2. He has nearly perfected the dance of a circus dog - spinning on his hind legs while waiting for a treat.
3. I adore the way he makes my husband laugh when they play together. Hubby tempts him with a peacock feather and Aslan repeatedly makes flying leaps into the air.
4. He is a true Zen master focusing solely on the now. I shall need to study him more closely!
5. When I am in the kitchen, he stretches his paws up the counter as if to ask “What’s up?”
6. He is quite the conversationalist when he decides it is dinner time. We share several words together as he not-so-patiently waits for me to get his food down to the floor. His meows sound much like Please – either that or Hurry Up!
7. He greets me at the door when I come home and watches curiously through the window when we are outside.
8. He seems to know when I need extra attention and sticks close by my side. One of his favorite spots is the middle of my chest. His fluffy tail is a great nose tickler.
9. When he decides I have been on the computer too long, he sits next to my chair. When I acknowledge him, he hops into my lap, onto the desk and proceeds to drape himself across the keyboard.
10. He is the kitty version of my golden dog, Curry, sharing unconditional love with me.
Do you have a loved one (furry or otherwise) who deserves a little tribute? There's no better time than now to share!