Thursday, August 26, 2010

Soulful Travel

" If we truly want to know the secret of soulful travel, we need to believe that there is something sacred waiting to be discovered in virtually every journey. "

--Phil Cousineau

As summer slowly draws to a close and the nip of fall enters the Pacific Northwest air, I find myself dreaming of journey. This may seem an odd perspective as the traditional season of summer vacation wanes, however, journey speaks to me of something further reaching than trips.

That said, travel offers a unique opportunity to explore outside our usual surroundings. Personally, I'm preparing for my fall pilgrimage to the Egyptian Sinai Desert which I find both exhilarating and a bit frightening as I step into the unknown mysteries of a faraway and ancient land. However, it is no more exciting to me than what lies ahead as the seasons change - or even as I awaken each new day.

My recent edition of diamonds in the soul is dedicated to new and upcoming opportunities to step into your own "soulful travel" while exploring the depths of your unique presence. I hope you'll consider where your heart may be tugging you this season. Perhaps one of the remaining spots in a Soul Care group or an evening of SoulCollage®. I'm accepting new clients for counseling and spiritual direction and will be offering online and virtual experiences, too.

Your fall travel may sadly have nothing whatsoever to do with me, AND I'd love to hear where your heart moves when you think of journey!!


To stay "in the know" about my upcoming offerings - both live and virtual - be sure to sign up for my
diamonds in the soul monthly newsletter if you haven't done so already. (See the sidebar).

See you soon!!


photo august on the kingston ferry ©lucy

8 comments:

kate i said...

I love this quote Kayce. I agree, each day is a pilgrimage, a sacred journey...but there's something wonderful and exciting about travel and your Egyptian pilgrimage sounds VERY exciting.

Blessings on all your journey's dear friend...both those adventures out into world and the inner one's of the soul.

Susan Carpenter Sims said...

Your perspective doesn't seem odd to me at all; I'm the same way.

Reminds me of the Led Zeppelin song "Ramble On":

"Leaves are falling all around
It's time I was on my way
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged
For such a pleasant stay
And now it's time for me to go
The autumn moon lights my way."

claire bangasser said...

I wish you a wonderful time in the Sinai. Godde is there...

Godde is here too :-)

The sacred is in the journey, definitely. What the journey taught me (several long walks to Compostela), is that the sacred is with me always.

True, the minute I start walking on a path, I'm back on the sacred path. But I also know that the sacred is in my kitchen, in my garden. Really, I should be walking barefoot all the time, because every square inch of this cosmos of ours is sacred ground :-)

Again, may the sacred enthrall you in the desert :-)

A world of blessings.

Dianna Woolley said...

Lucy -

I told you how meaningful this post was to me and that I would be "borrowing" it, which of course I did over at my site:)

I'm perusing Cousineau's book once more prior to my Pacific Ocean adventure.

Your commenters wrote beautiful words to you today - well-deserved words, I enjoyed reading them!

xo

Karen said...

Mmmm...savoring the words...

My journey will be internal this fall, and I'm expecting great things. I'm seeking contentment for life as is, lots of joy, and some good fiction writing. I've got both the time and the will right now--and oh how it will be...

Kayce aka lucy said...

kate - i can hardly wait for my trip to egypt. i've been reading "walking through the bible" and was nearly overcome with emotion when he began to describe the sinai desert.

tell me, friend, how far is the journey from seattle to your new home?

Kayce aka lucy said...

polli - i LOVE those lyrics - thanks for sending them, my kindred friend!!

claire - i agree with you so much that the sacred is in every step of each day. with that, i hesitate to highlight the trip to the desert, however, i know from experience this will be different from my every day sacred walk - if only through geography and unplugging from internet, work and other commitments.

btw - i walk around barefoot as much as i can. i love that my therapy practice is in a yoga studio where it's a natural practice to remove one's shoes.

Kayce aka lucy said...

SS - borrow away! i haven't made it over to the sieve in a few days, but hope to be there shortly! that cousineau book is a keeper no matter how far you're going - around the block or around the world!! xoxo


karen - i love the intentions you've set for the fall. i'm delighted to journey alongside whatever may come.