Thursday, March 22, 2007

Let it Blossom

“How can you follow the course of your life if you do not let it flow?” Lao-Tzu


Everywhere I look, Spring is bursting forth with life and new birth. Blossoms, babies, puppies and green grass. And, the question, “What is blossoming in me?” keeps showing up. It feels like the rest of my life is waiting to blossom, but the “live in the moment” side of me says, “Wait, don’t get ahead of yourself. What about today?” Nevertheless, I am at a bit of a crossroads. Decisions need to be made surrounding my career path and I desperately want to follow what is my calling. Fortunately, the two are closely interwoven.

How will I step out? How will I bring me, first, to myself, and then, how will I bring myself to the world? For there is only one Me. Lovely, kind, and free. Fiercely tender. Funny. Smart. Quick and contemplative. Bold and shy. A paradoxical being. I am a woman ready to spring forth into blossoms—maybe one at a time or maybe a whole bed of crocus bursting at once.

There is a vitality, a life-force, an energy,
a quickening that is translated
through you into action.

And because there is only one of you
in all of time this expression is unique.
and if you block it, it will never exist through any other
medium and be lost.

The world will not have it.
It is not your business to determine how good it is
nor how it compares with other expressions.

It is your business to
keep it yours clearly and directly,
to keep the channel open;
whether you choose to take an art class,
keep a journal, record your dreams,
dance your story or live each day from
your own creative source.
Above, all else, keep the channel open.

--Martha Graham

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've described the essence of what I've dealt with for some time now, trying to figure out what path I'm to take with the rest of my life. I recognize that crossroads, the one with no signposts or any other clue to the direction I'm supposed to go. Fortunately, recent events and new opportunities seem to be leading me through that intersection and forward once again.

I really like the quote from Martha Graham. She makes some points that I need to be reminded of now and then!

--Marilyn

Kayce aka lucy said...

hi marilyn--

so nice to hear you are finding some direction through your crossroads.

graham's quote gives me motivation to keep moving forward. what have we got to lose?