Sunday, March 04, 2007

Lucy--An Other's Perspective

I am feeling a bit playful this morning (even though still in bed with a really crummy cold) and felt like lightening things up a bit as heavier thoughts have been the topic for the last few days. So I have decided to share the insights of other people in my life (still being about me, of course, since this is my blog.) Here are some diamonds from others and a few glimpses of Lucy from another perspective.

This photo was sent to me by my sailing friends of the Georgia J.



I received this poem earlier in the week from my friend, Molly. I am honored and humbled to see myself through this woman's eyes.

Lucy is deep and vast like a river
That flows to the ocean – a blessing, a giver
It takes all her heart, you can see in her eyes
To integrate, not compartmentalize
This woman is brave, she will bare heart and soul
So that we can learn to be healthy and whole
And it’s her struggle too, and we love her so much
She walks beside us, companion, not crutch
In her willing exposure of laughter and pain
We see that this journey will not be in vain
Encouraged by Lucy, we’ll walk near or far
To enjoy the gift of God’s shining star.



And, finally a quiz result about my "intelligence." I found the link at my friend, Antony's blog. You should be able to click on the link below and take your own quiz.

Your Dominant Intelligence is Linguistic Intelligence

You are excellent with words and language. You explain yourself well.
An elegant speaker, you can converse well with anyone on the fly.
You are also good at remembering information and convincing someone of your point of view.
A master of creative phrasing and unique words, you enjoy expanding your vocabulary.

You would make a fantastic poet, journalist, writer, teacher, lawyer, politician, or translator.


Cheers to you! I'm off to make some Chicken Soup.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)
Another one of those linguistic types, eh?

Kayce aka lucy said...

surprise. surprise. i actually took the test a second time with opposite answers to see what turned up :-)

Anonymous said...

Not only a linguistic type but an artist... this blog is beautiful. Amazing. A doowap girl? (from a previous post) That makes me smile. Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown--sometimes Pigpen--sometimes Linus. I think I have cartoon D.I.D. Will 5 cents cure me?

Jack

Kayce aka lucy said...

hey jack--

not sure about the 5 cent cure but you are welcome to join me anytime in my cartoon craziness. i think that's why charlie brown has lasted for so many years--we can all relate to at least one of the characters at any point in time!