Monday, September 17, 2007

Stillness

There is a quietness and stillness about me today. Entering Fall. Saying good-bye to summer. Preparing my nest for winter. Starting a new journey with the students at Mars Hill. A new group of women coming to Soltura this week.

New. The leaves must die to prepare a way for the new. Anticipation. Holiness. Stillness. Excitement. What will this fall bring? God whispers the answers when we are still, if only we are willing to listen. There is a quietness and stillness about me today. May I be willing to listen. Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always liked the way in America you call it Fall, not Autumn, as we do in the UK.

"Fall" seems redolent of so many other echoes as well. At the moment it's reminding me of the Levertov poem with the image of freefall.

What will we fall into?

Blessed listening to you.

The Dream said...

Willingness. Sometimes I need to pray for the willingness to be willing.

It is so good to read your powerful prayer.

I must make time for meditation tomorrow. As I have been taught: Prayer is when I speak to God; Meditation is when I listen.

Kayce aka lucy said...

tess--
love "what will we fall into?"

dream--
yes "the reminder to be willing!"