Saturday, March 27, 2010

Step Back

Recent words of resonance, reminded me: The areas of life that are most crucial for you to deal with can't be fully understood using the concepts your rational mind favors. Then this morning I read these words at Sacred Graffiti:
"Do your work then step back." -- Tao Te Ching (more ringing resonance.)
Yesterday, I attended an invigorating class on Yoga and Art Therapy. Throughout the day, I found myself fluidly participating in training exercises with little desire or need to left-brain examine anything. My heart rate slowed down. The tightness in my upper back decreased and I could feel the blood flowing from the top of my head to the tip of my toes.

When debriefing this simplistic mandala no words flowed... Until early this morning (like 3:00 a.m. early) when the following surfaced and I groggily recorded them before gratefully going back to sleep.

Encased by golden light.
My broken legs stand firmly planted in fertile soil.
Questions float in the clear blue sky, drifting on
the wind and saying, Blessed be.

The spiral is my crown - time without end.
My floating soul lives lightly tethered
between heaven and earth.
Blessed be.

"I will say to the darkness, be my light." --Psalm 139:11


P.S. For those who are familiar with the energy centers of the body, commonly known as chakras, you won't be surprised to know this mandala resulted following a meditation on the Solar Plexus Chakra.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the quote I used was part of your resonance, and I love the beauty of this post. Rima, at The Hermitage, has just completed a series of chakra paintings. Here is her solar plexus one: http://intothehermitage.blogspot.com/2008/05/manipura.html

claire bangasser said...

I like the hearts in your solar plexus chakra. I need to talk with my own hara.

I very much like the Tao Te Ching quote, which reminds me of Barbara @ Barefoot toward the Light. (I will have to check Sacred Graffiti...)

As to your Psalm 139:11 verse, it takes my breath away and brings tears to my eyes. It feels so right on.

Shalom.

Dianna Woolley said...

Middle of the night thoughts - sometimes in the a.m. we "actually" were as profound in the night as we thought we were.

Beautiful poetry and mandala reading.

xoxox

Kayce aka lucy said...

tess - thanks for pointing me toward the hermitage. also, another part of your quote made it into today's post :-)

claire - it made me smile that you noticed the hearts - the red one was actually where this drawing began.

and i, too, nearly cried when i read that psalm at 3:00 a.m. it was sitting right at the front of christine's little zine on praying with the hours. i hadn't noticed it before. all in it's own time, huh?

SS - i was glad i actually awakened enough to get those words down. i typed them into my iphone because i was too groggy to find paper & pen and turn on the light :) xoxoxo

Abbey of the Arts said...

I wish I could have come to the workshop, it sounds like a fabulous confluence of things I love. I look forward to hearing more about it in person. In the meantime the poem and mandala are radiant!

Kayce aka lucy said...

oh yeah, christine - you would have really enjoyed the class! the teachers beautifully wove education and experience - two of OUR favorite things :-) xox