Monday, August 01, 2011

Prizes for YOU... Inspiration for ME...

Today I return refreshed, renewed and inspired after unplugging and luxuriating in a solid week of pure heaven. No cell phones, internet, or Facebook. No meals to cook or beds to make. Dancing in the morning. Writing in the afternoon. Laughing and strolling through the warm summer evenings. A gentle schedule provided with the encouragement to ask the question moment by moment: What do I want? This beauty was enhanced by the surrounding wisdom and spirit of 30 vast, varied and like-minded souls as we found ourselves tucked into the high desert of Taos, New Mexico residing in a retreat center that has nurtured such greats as Georgia O’Keefe, Ansel Adams, Natalie Goldberg and Jennifer Louden.

Lest the afterglow drift away like stars disappearing on a cloudy night, I am delighted to share one of my fabulous brainstorms from the week away. Even though it was hatched at 4:30 a.m. while snuggled in the bathtub with pillows, pen and pad, I believe it still holds water. Everyone loves a contest, right? So, here it is: A pondering contest. Prizes for you. Continued Inspiration for me.

MY CHALLENGE: 30 posts in 30 days. For the next 30 days I will post a new "pondering" on Diamonds in the Sky with Lucy. This is to inspire and encourage the completion of my extraordinary writing project: Pondering - 365 days of reflection through metaphor, life experience and the practice of presence.

YOUR CHALLENGE: It's simple. Send me a topic to ponder and you become eligible for one of three fantastic prizes. Your entry can be in the form of a question, word, idea, thought or anything you'd like to see explored through my unique lens. Topics will be accepted via blog comments, email, Facebook comments and, in some cases, telepathic methods. (
wink wink)

PRIZES: Everyone who sends in a topic for consideration will be entered in a drawing for these fabulous prizes:
  • First prize: One hour of coaching with yours truly.
  • Second prize: Six original notecards or one 12" x 18" print by fabulous photographer, Bill Hughlett.
  • Third prize: Autographed first edition copy of Grace Unbound - a collection of musings and photos by Kayce & Bill Hughlett

DETAILS: Entries will be accepted throughout the month of August, however, only entries received between now and August 14, will be eligible for prizes.

Topics selected for use will be entered into the drawing twice. If you'd like to be acknowledged as the "ponder prompter" when your selection is used, please let me know. I'm happy to link to websites and other blogs. Please note: there are no guarantees you will recognize your prompt once it travels through my mind sieve. (e.g. a prompt on potatoes could end up being about wrecked rental cars.)

ACT NOW! It's a win-win situation. Prizes for you and inspiration for me!! Woohoo!!!

Diamonds in the Soul - helping high-functioning, under-living people uncover & maintain personal delight & joy in life.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

To ponder:

"What cannot be contained by the universe is hidden in the point / of a thorn! Extract the thorn and see."
~ Rumi

Kayce aka lucy said...

thanks, maureen - i can't wait to dive into this one :)

Dianna Woolley said...

After a 4000 mile road trip just completed, ponder this old "Burma Shave" ditty that I read again and again while traveling from OK to CA with my parents - it came to my mind so many times on this trip......imagine it, of course, being written on small red and white signs sitting atop fence posts by the road side -

Why is it
When you try to pass
That the guy in front
Steps on the gas?
-Burma Shave-

We pondered what became of all those old Burma Shave signs as they used to cover the state highways everywhere?

xo

Dianna Woolley said...

I forgot to mention that I was about 10 or 11 years old when I saw these advertising signs -- this is the only slogan I remember from the many, many verses strung across the country when I was a child:)

Christa said...

What lies below us?

And what is above?

XOXO

Kanesha @it's a full nest said...

So cool, Kayce!
Potential topic...when do you know when enough is enough.

I'm here! Now what? said...

When you look up at the stars in the sky. What does your heart see?

I'm here! Now what? said...

Tell me about peace.