Monday, June 09, 2008

my village

Home again. It has been a nice relaxing day of resting, nesting, catching up on e-mail and home stuff. The wind has been blowing like crazy and the rains have been consistent throughout the day. Right now the sun has decided to pop out and give us a little blue sky for the evening.

My life has entered an odd pattern these days. I feel kind of like a firefighter who goes to live at the station for a week and then returns home. When I am facilitating for Soltura, I know where I am supposed to be and my focus is centered on helping the participants throughout their workshop. It is intense, exhilarating and exhausting. So the challenge when I return to my home is to find the balance of what needs to be done and to what I choose to be present.

When I am facilitating, I am totally present to the participants. It is a very cool experience, because they each come looking for some kind of change in their life. I find that my gifts shine in this environment. Last week was very cool because there were four young ladies who are close in age to my son. So in many ways they were an interesting combination of my son and daughter. One of them shared her philosophy of “being raised by a village” and thanked each of us for being part of her village.

It was so wonderful to see how these women also helped “raise me” with their courage, insight, tenacity and love. It never ceases to amaze me how similar human beings are and yet how very different. The great thing is allowing ourselves to be open and see what we can learn from each other. (I think it’s great to consider relationships with an open door policy ☺.)

This evening I am tired, but content. My home is clean. My heart is in good spirits. My family is safe. And my “village” continues to expand. Blessings abound and I am eternally grateful for life as I know it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy, Thank you for welcoming my family to be a part of your 'village' and for your healing touch on their lives! Love, Pamela

Karen said...

It really IS wonderful how the village expands, isn't it? Lovely post.

Ted Marshall said...

I'm glad to be part of your village. And I love the photo.

Dianna Woolley said...

Welcome back to Lucy land. Miss you when you're gone......I know, I know, I'll be "back" soon myself:)

xoxoxox

Kayce aka lucy said...

pamela--your "village" is the equivalent of a small country and i am eternally blessed and grateful for each and every one of you!!!

karen--the expansion is pretty mind blowing if i allow myself to consider it. abundance and gratitude!

tess--ditto!!

SS--thanks for the welcome...and, yes, i definitely look forward to having you back!

xoxooxoxo