Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lucy has a Book...almost!!!

Exciting works are in progress here. (At least I think so and hope you will, too.) With this post, I am delighted to announce the upcoming release of the first ever, super spectacular, wonderful collaborative work of my dear hubby and Me!

Grace Unbound: New Reflections on an Old Subject is a creative combination of words and image. It is done in the style that has been dubbed as "zine". Containing original works as well as some old favorites and over 50 amazing photos (most which have never been shown elsewhere) by amazing photographer, Bill Hughlett, this 7 X 7 book will make a great gift for yourself or others. This zine contains both thought provoking and reflective images like those you have come to love and appreciate here. It is simple and complex. It is easy to read and it will make you think. It really is quite lovely if I do say so myself.

Grace Unbound will be heading to the printer at the end of this week if all goes well. Watch for updates and let me know how many copies you would like ☺. Pricing details will be up soon. Please note that pre-orders and multiple orders will receive significant discounts!

I am so excited I can hardly stand it! You're gonna love it, too!!!

(Oh and by the way...this is really scary for my alter ego to put out there, but I know it is definitely worth the risk!!! ☺)

Peace.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm almost as excited as you! I'm so very pleased you and Bill are putting this together. It's great!

Hope said...

Very, very cool!

Anonymous said...

awesome lucy, can't wait to see it!

Kate I said...

Wow Lucy! This is very exciting news and I'm looking forward to seeing your collaboration. Bill's photographs are just amazing.

And yes, birthing a new creation is always worth the risk! :)

Dianna Woolley said...

Yipee, I can't wait!!!

xoxoxox

Sherri said...

Hi from Living Joy
I am thrilled for you!!! Hold me several copies-these will make great Christmas gifts.

thymekeeper said...

This is exciting! Thank you so much for taking the risk to tell us ~ not only will we delight in some wonderful work, you give us courage to take a risk some day ourselves!! Save a copy for me!

Kayce aka lucy said...

thank you all for your wonderful support!

sherri--if you could let me know your definition of "several" that would be great. thank you for stopping by and weighing in!!! and i definitely agree they will "make great christmas gifts"!

hint hint hint for the rest of you :-)

the excitement builds...

hmmbrd said...

Hi Lucy,
Yes, so cool and OF COURSE i will want one. I Love that you and Bill put your creative heads together and birthed this baby.

Barbara said...

Save a couple for me as well. OOO OOO! So excited!

Unknown said...

I have been in an absolute conundrum about some folks Holiday gifts, this is it!!! Whoo hoo, once I know the pricing I can order..(I'm on a budget).

Congratulations also, this is great!
G~*

Anonymous said...

That is SO COOL! Congrats!!!
a.

Kayce aka lucy said...

thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

storyteller said...

Congratulations! That’s WONDERFUL news … and like everyone else I can hardly wait to see it!
Hugs and blessings,

Dispatches from East Africa said...

Wow!
Jeez, louise! You awesome woman, you!
Put me on the list, for sure (and I'll put you on the list when my book of short fiction is sold--I have an agent now! In Berkeley! And things are starting to move!)
Congrats, you beautiful blogger. I am so proud of you--and of Bill--for the risks you both are taking. It's a scary road. God is good.

Kayce aka lucy said...

thanks, storyteller!

Chimayo--you do realize this is being self-published, right? why do i find myself wanting to take it back and go pull the covers over my head. i want to say "it's not REALLY a book." oh, geez...the creative process is a roller coaster!

and, an agent?!?!??! how cool is that! you bet i want a copy of those short stories...will my favorite kid sammy show up?